Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Well, I guess I will do this...or at least try

When I had Alec...nearly 3 years ago...my sis Amanda said I should start a blog and set me up an account. So sweet of her! But overwhelmed with everything new motherhood brings (ie: sleepless nights, sore boobs, saggy stretched out skin, new bills, and lots of laundry) I laughed, thinking I really don't have time for that. You must know that I did not even have a FB account then.  Well, baby #2 came last fall and I have now joined the world of SAHM's and I kind of live through other peoples exciting lives that they post on FB and their blogs. Not that I am a stalker, I just enjoy nosing around the FB seeing the fun things people are doing (or random notes of where someone might have just shopped, ate, or how they hate when...). I am not a regular poster on FB because I tend to be long winded & wordy. Also, I am cheap so I don't have the web on my phone where I can post updates on myself all day long.

I was thinking today of how I should start writing in a diary. But I thought that sounded kind of 3rd grade and 1992. I have all these things in my head that I want to say but no one to say them to over the age of 3, unless I harass my sister or husband all day while they are at work.  Also, I am always telling my mom about all the funny things Alec says and does and each time she responds "did you write that down? I used to write down everything you girls did." And she did. Mom can look back and quote off the day I fell out the front door, got into the bleach and burned my legs, climbed up on the counters, and more. I am convinced she must have been writing and not watching. But she is right....and the best mom and babysitter ever!

Well, I have not been good at writing things down the past 3 years. I keep thinking, "how could I forget it?" Yeah, well, I have a hard time remembering what time Anderson was born and it was only 5 months ago. I think how could I forget how Alec told me "Mama I gonna tear you apart". Really there was another mean phrase before that, but I already forgot exactly what it was...that was like last week:( So this is going to be where I write. I fiqure it will be a great way to share my memories, thoughts and frustrations. And a way to print things off and save it for my boys.

Do know that if you do choose to read this, that I never claim to have good grammar. And I am sure it will be loaded with type o's and run-on sentences. I was a nursing major...definitely not an english major.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Amelia! Your Mom is awesome....just as I think my Mom is too! I have heard but not really looked into it too much, but there are places online where you can convert your blog into a book if you ever wanted to. I intend to do that one day with mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meil, this is awesome and I am so glad I can keep up with what is going on with you and your precious family! Scott and I write down stories about the kids occasionally. We definitely should though more often!! I also second that your mom and Aprils moms are wonderful!! So is mine and I am glad that even though my mother is not their blood grandparent...I am so glad she finally gets to experience being a grandmother...and me a mom of 4 healthy, happy children! Love you!

    ReplyDelete