Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not our normal week...I hope.

I just started this whole blogging thing and I already feel really behind.

What a week!
Well, the week started with Anderson getting two more teeth (only one day apart) for a total of 4 at only 5 1/2 months. He has been a little fussy and a total paci addict. Poor baby. Here is our happy little fellow showing those sharp teeth off. All 4 are on the bottom.


You take the little things like childcare for granted until you don't have it.
I have begun a new job at Northcrest Medical Center in their Women's Services Unit and will be working on the weekends there and at Centennial as well. However, I need to do my orientation during the week when they are busy soooo.... I have had to call on my family to help with babysitting. Andrew' sister Jordan and her boyfriend Matt have been stepping in during the week and my mom has gracously volunteered her spring break to babysit this upcoming week. I was scheduled to work last Wednesday and mom had got a sub for the day so she could be my babysitter. My mom is so helpful. She will do whatever she can to help make sure I can just work the weekends and be with my kids all week. Mom stayed at home with us until we all started school. Well things did not go as planned. I woke up Tuesday morning with a fever, killer headache, and super sore throat...Yes, I had Strep. So what happens when you are sick and you have your kids all day....your husband must take a vacation day to keep the kids. Certaintly not ideal, but our only option. Well when you are a nurse, you can not go work with prego moms and their babies so I was home Wednesday with my mom at the house to help. I felt so much better by then thanks to Doctor's Care and a shot of Penicillin.

By Thursday things were back to normal. After a day of grocery shopping and managing the kids (Alec's preschool was closed for spring break), I got to enjoy my evening with the girls eating at The Looking Glass and painting at Swirlz. We had a blast painting and I will definitely be going back with my free ticket I won in the drawing...Lucky Me!

Friday morning was spent making babyfood for Anderson and making fresh fruit juice pops with Alec. They were showing how to make them on TV that morning and he was super excited to try. Of course they had to freeze so I told him they would be ready after nap ( it was like 10:00). He thought that sounded good and responded "Ok, An-da-son, go take your nap now, I not take a nap". Maybe he will be a businessman....he is learning how to delegate all the jobs he does not want:)! We spent Friday afternoon in Stewart County at my grandmas and with mom and dad. It was a fun yet cold and rainy day.

Saturday was a family day with a trip to Kroger and to eat Mexican. Alec must have been starving...he scraped his plate. Then I headed to work that night leaving Andrew with the kids. Working on Saturday nights makes Sunday mornings interesting for Andrew. I was on call so I left early and got home at 5:30 and crawled into bed. Drew was up by 6 with Anderson and managed to feed and dress everyone and get them out the door and to church on time by himself. Great job Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am exhausted just reading all this! I thought we were busy! I hate that you were sick. I cannot believe Anderson has so many teeth already!

    ReplyDelete