Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Dr. Woads

This week I think Alec might one day become a doctor and this is why.

Alec loves worms. Over the weekend, Andrew had Alec outside and he found a worm....a dried out one. He was so excited to find one since they have been gone all winter. It did not phase him a bit that it was moving. He was going to fix it.

I came into the kitchen and Andrew said, "look at Alec's worm". It was placed right above the kitchen sink on the window seal. "Yeah, you have a worm". To which Alec responded, "it needs medicine. Mama, give him some medicine to make him better, he dead." So we had to have the conversation of how once things are dead, medicine will not bring them to life.

Again yesterday, Alec was playing on the porch and he called me over, "I got show you mama, this bird is dead on porch." I went over and sure enough, a pretty bird, was dead on the porch (not sure how, it looked fine). I was just going to kick it off the porch into the yard but he was not going to have that. "No mama, he need medicine, look at his eyes". (Alec is very into what peoples eyes are saying. He told me the other day that in the book, The Happy Man and His Dumptruck, that the man was not happy. "Look at his eyes, he's mad".) So once again we had the once dead always dead talk.

Earlier in the day, I got this picture of Alec and Anderson. Alec had found my stethoscope where I had cleaned out my car. Tuesday, Andrew had taken Alec to see Dr. Roads because he has a rash on his face. Our conversation went something like this "mama, take off Andason's shut, I gonna listen to two his haut. I Dr. Woads". (Note...Alec is not very good with saying his r's). And, I know Alec's shirt doesn't match and his hair was crazy but that's his paint shirt and we were staying in all day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment