Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I not a big boy...I not married

At our house, most things are defined as being big boy or baby. Most days, Alec chooses to be a big boy, but other days he needs his mama and pretends he is crying like a baby. Discipline is a never ending challenge with him constantly testing us.

Over the past few months, we encouraged Alec to eat his dinner and vegetables so he could grow big and strong. Well, that has become pretty funny now. When he wants something to eat (like junk) he tells us "my belly button not full. I not growing big and strong anymore. See" and he shows his belly. Then when he has eaten something we asked him to and he feels proud, he stands on his tippy toes and says "look, I growing big and strong."

When I got home Thursday after girls night, Andrew was putting him to bed and their conversation went like this. "Daddy, you sleep with me?" "No, Alec, you are a big boy and you can sleep by yourself." Whining, Alec responded, "I not a big boy...I not married". Hahaha. You could not help but laugh. Alec sleeps by himself everynight and always has but he still tries to come up with a reason why he can't go to sleep. Usually it is that he is "huuungry" or he has to poop. He tries to yell all things that might make us come back to his room and let him get up. His little brain never stops. I love it.

Here is a picture of him eating and looking "big and strong".

He is standing on his stool that he pushes around the kitchen to help me cook and do dishes.

Here is Alec being a big boy holding his brother, the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment